My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Heatwave
Heatwave

A Face-Off Between Mist's Best (Ryuu vs Shiori) Empty A Face-Off Between Mist's Best (Ryuu vs Shiori)

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:13 pm
Ryuu had been disappointed to receive a bye through the second round. He wanted to fight, dammit! Not sit around twiddling his thumbs! Now, finally, he was allowed to reenter the coliseum once again, and he couldn't wait to get started.

It seemed he would be taking down his comrades today--his last fight was against a Mist genin and the same was true here. This time he knew of her, somewhat. At least he'd heard of the older girl here and there. If Shiori Ashina inherited any of her clan's fearsome jutsu, then he'd be in for a interesting time. But he was sure he was made of tougher stuff than her. And this match would be the perfect way to demonstrate that. If he, scion of some random hillbilly fishing family (jinchuuriki notwithstanding), took down the heir of one of the noble clans that backed the Mizukage's uprising, he would certainly be a shoo-in for promotion, right?

He looked his opponent in the eye. She was much taller than him, but he didn't let that stop him from throwing her a roguish grin. "Let's see what you got, Ashina."
OnyxLockdown
OnyxLockdown
4th Division
4th Division

A Face-Off Between Mist's Best (Ryuu vs Shiori) Empty Re: A Face-Off Between Mist's Best (Ryuu vs Shiori)

Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:00 pm
The fact that she'd been allowed to sail through the second round by default still sat like a rock in the pit of Shiori's stomach as she walked into the ring. Even if she didn't like to hold herself to the clan standard out of spite, being handed a victory wasn't something an Ashina had any right accepting. Regardless, she'd need to make up for that here.

"You're from Kirigakure too, aren't you? I don't recognize you from any of the noble clans. So that would put you... I see." Shiori smiled as drew her blade. This guy seemed to be far from unstable, unlike her last opponent. This would be a refreshing change. Holding the sword blade down, water from the air charged with chakra formed along her blade, giving it an undulating appearance as water quivered along it's length.

"For now, forget I'm an Ashina. Face me as you would any other for, if you would."

Jutsu name: Ashina Blade Technique: Liquid Splinter Blade
Jutsu Rank: C
Jutsu Type: Kenjutsu
Jutsu Description: Water coats the blade, forming an undulating form that is difficult to track. Upon swinging the blade, parts of the water sheath spray out like needles at close range, piercing the target.
Heatwave
Heatwave

A Face-Off Between Mist's Best (Ryuu vs Shiori) Empty Re: A Face-Off Between Mist's Best (Ryuu vs Shiori)

Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:20 pm
"You see, huh?" Ryuu grinned, forming a hand seal and manifesting three water clones. For now, he'd try the ranged option since it seemed his foe was most familiar with kenjutsu. He knew better than to underestimate the flexibility of sword users in his village, especially when they came from the clan that possessed Kiba. Ryuu and his clones formed orthogonally around his opponent at a medium distance. Ryuu and each of his clones formed coral spikes on their hands before firing them off at Shiori.

"Give me a good fight then." Ryuu said, as he charged forward with each of his clones, each of them drawing their swords to follow up the Coral Spike attacks.

Abilities Used:
OnyxLockdown
OnyxLockdown
4th Division
4th Division

Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:14 am
Water clones. Shiori had considered starting this fight with that very technique, but she'd opted out of it since she'd started the last fight with that tactic. At least he was still in the same place, having only used his clones as extra attack vectors. She wasn't sure what his goal was, but she was determined to end this quickly, hoping her next attack would put her on the path to this.

Waiting until the last second, Shiori used Body Flicker to me be away from her possibility, appearing to the right of her opponent to avoided being hit by stray coral. In her new position she took a couple swings with her blade, water splinters spraying out at Ryuu with each swing.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum